CRO was using InForm for Case processing. How to upload all InForm data in to Argus?
These disease areas are NOT in order.
- Bi-polar Disorder
- Breast Cancer
- Cardio Vascular Imaging
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Diabetic Kidney Disease
- General Anxiety Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Prostate Cancer
- QT Studies
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Traumatic Brain Injury
JReview Server error: Type 0 panel referenced, but no JOIN LOGIC has been defined
Solution: recreate the report from scratch.
Because: You created an importsql with Expected Frequency 0 Not patient related. Created a report. You added more column(s) in the import sql and changed the Expected Frequency to > 0. You tried adding more columns to the existing report. You get Typo 0 panel reference error.
JReview and SpotFire Comparison:
|Graphic Patient Profile||End-User can create on the fly.||Require IT Support help|
|Patient Review Tracking||Keep track of patients reviewed.||Not Available.|
|Tabular Patient Profile||Spreadsheet-view with ‘New Data’ hightlights||Not Available.|
|Formated Patient Profile||PDF-view. Similar SAS output. Can be scheduled as Batch-run||Not Available.|
|Patient view||Can view Graph and Spread-sheet view of patient(s)||Better than Jreview’s view. But requires IT support help.|
|SAS as Data Source||Available||Available (bit slower)|
|Date wise Patient report||Available||Not Available.|
|Graphical view||Many type but still not pretty enough||Better looking Graphs|
|Benefit Risk Analysis||High level overview of benefit and risk of the trial||Under construction|
|Baseline and Endpoints||Can be defined at the study/project level by an Admin||Can be defined for each report.|
|SAS programs||Can register and execute SAS programs||Not Available.|
|Patient Narratives||Wow.. Factor!||Not Available.|
|Multi-study analysis||Can choose more than one study||One study at a time.|
|Output||Same as above. Can work and save output for multi-study||One study at a time.|
|Setup||Built based on the Clintrial and OC-like product||Vanila. Tell the where the views are.|
How to pass user-enterd (Parameter) values in to JReview ImportSQL?
1) Add &PromptText (for number) or ‘&PromptText’ (for Char and Date)
Select Study, Site, Patient, SubjInit, Sex, Race from DM Where Sex = ‘&EnterSex’
Bug: You cannot add succeeding “another Where clause” or “space” or “Enter key” after the ‘&prompt’.
Where sex = ‘&EnterSex’ and Age > 18
But it would work for Numerical Prompt. Where age > &EnterMinAge and Sex = ‘M’
2) Add <prompt=>
Instead of using &prompt, you can use <prompt=>.
- At the logon screen, click the ‘Advanced’ button and check the ‘Debug’ checkbox.
- Log in as you would normally, and perform the series of steps in reproducing the issue.
- Log out of JReview.
- Restart the JReview client.
- DO NOT LOG IN. Click the ‘Advanced’ button then click the ‘Bundle Server/Client Logs’ button. This will prompt you to select a name for the bundle file. Select a location and enter a filename for the resultant log bundle ZIP file. Error messages may appear during the creation of the log bundle, please dismiss them and proceed to create the log bundle.
What is IR Trace: You got an error message. IR hangs up. Unable to produce reports, Don’t know what caused IR to misbehave. Trace is where you get the details for debugging. This is what IR support team wants to see when you report a problem.
Follows these steps to run a Trace:
1. Close any open IR session.
2. Locate review32.ini file (Generally located under c:/windows/review32.ini )
3. Open the file in notepad.
4. In the [client] section of this file, add the line TRACE=ON (as shown below)
5. Save the changes. Close review32.ini file.
6. Log in to IR as usual.Go through as minimal steps as possible to reproduce the error message(s). Click ok through all message boxes, then immediately log out of the application.
7. Under the client installation directory (default c:/ireview) you will find an objstore subdirectory. In that subdirectory, you will have a trace.log file.8. Send trace.log file to IR support , along with a brief description of what steps you took to get the error.
Please note, running a trace in J-Review is different.
Simple clicks would show colorful graphs of Patient Profile.