JReview Server error: Type 0 panel referenced, but no JOIN LOGIC has been defined
Solution: recreate the report from scratch. Because: You created an importsql with Expected Frequency 0 Not patient related. Created a report. You added more column(s) in the import sql and changed the Expected Frequency to > 0. You tried adding more columns to the existing report. You get Typo 0 panel reference error.
At the logon screen, click the ‘Advanced’ button and check the ‘Debug’ checkbox.
Log in as you would normally, and perform the series of steps in reproducing the issue.
Log out of JReview.
Restart the JReview client.
DO NOT LOG IN. Click the ‘Advanced’ button then click the ‘Bundle Server/Client Logs’ button. This will prompt you to select a name for the bundle file. Select a location and enter a filename for the resultant log bundle ZIP file. Error messages may appear during the creation of the log bundle, please dismiss them and proceed to create the log bundle.
What is IR Trace: You got an error message. IR hangs up. Unable to produce reports, Don’t know what caused IR to misbehave. Trace is where you get the details for debugging. This is what IR support team wants to see when you report a problem.
Follows these steps to run a Trace:
1. Close any open IR session.
2. Locate review32.ini file (Generally located under c:/windows/review32.ini )
3. Open the file in notepad.
4. In the [client] section of this file, add the line TRACE=ON (as shown below)
5. Save the changes. Close review32.ini file.
6. Log in to IR as usual.Go through as minimal steps as possible to reproduce the error message(s). Click ok through all message boxes, then immediately log out of the application.
7. Under the client installation directory (default c:/ireview) you will find an objstore subdirectory. In that subdirectory, you will have a trace.log file.8. Send trace.log file to IR support , along with a brief description of what steps you took to get the error.
Please note, running a trace in J-Review is different.