What is IR Trace: You got an error message. IR hangs up. Unable to produce reports, Don’t know what caused IR to misbehave. Trace is where you get the details for debugging. This is what IR support team wants to see when you report a problem.
Follows these steps to run a Trace:
1. Close any open IR session.
2. Locate review32.ini file (Generally located under c:/windows/review32.ini )
3. Open the file in notepad.
4. In the [client] section of this file, add the line TRACE=ON (as shown below)
5. Save the changes. Close review32.ini file.
6. Log in to IR as usual.Go through as minimal steps as possible to reproduce the error message(s). Click ok through all message boxes, then immediately log out of the application.
7. Under the client installation directory (default c:/ireview) you will find an objstore subdirectory. In that subdirectory, you will have a trace.log file.8. Send trace.log file to IR support , along with a brief description of what steps you took to get the error.
Please note, running a trace in J-Review is different.